Russel D. Buskirk, LCSW, LCDP
Board Certifications / Licenses:
- Licensed as a Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) and Chemical Dependency Professional (LCDP) as well as a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor/Delaware (CADC).
- Earned clinical psychology degrees from University of Scranton/West Chester University and a MSW degree from Delaware State University.
Areas of Expertise:
- He has held positions as an administrator, supervisor and clinician in the field of behavioral healthcare where he has provided support and direction for both outpatient and residential treatment programs for persons that have Mental Health or Substance abuse problems.
Years of Experience:
- 30+ years offering mental health and addiction treatment services.
- Has provided individual, group, couples counseling and family therapy.
Affiliation with Community Organizations or Service Groups:
- His peers have honored him as the 2001 DAADAC Counselor of the Year and the 2002 DSAMH Kelley/Pazzaglini Memorial Scholarship Award recipient.
- Has presented at various national and local conferences, local civic groups and has taught as adjunct professor at local universities and colleges around the subject of psychology, social work, addiction, mental health and other health and human services topics